Zahara’s family reportedly opened case into her death

Zahara’s family reportedly opened case into her death. The family of the late award-winning singer Bulelwa Mkutukana, who was better known as Zahara, reportedly opened an inquest docket at the Roodepoort police station as they do not believe the singer died of natural causes.
News of Zahara hospital admission, as reported by ZiMoja, shocked many. It came as an even bigger shock when Sunday World reported that the singer had died on 11 December as a result of liver complications at a private hospital in Johannesburg.
However, according to Sunday World, Zahara’s family suspects that the Loliwe hitmaker could have been poisoned by her enemies.
Conflicting autopsy reports confuse Zahara’s family
As if they were not dealing with enough problems, the Mkutukana family were shocked by two conflicting autopsy reports that were presented to them. According to media reports, one report stated that Bulelwa died from natural causes, while another one stated that the singer’s cause of death is still under investigation.
The above-mentioned publication also reports that Zahara‘s brother, Junior Mkutukana, opened the inquest the same day the singer died. Taken down by Constable Modupe and checked by Warrant Officer Netshiunda, the reportedly document read:
“The complainant, Mr Mkutukana, alleged that on 2023-12-11 at about 12:00 he was at Roodepoort when Bulelwa Mkutukana complained of stomach pains. She was taken to Olievedale Netcare Hospital and was declared dead (sic).”
The publication further mentions that the family suspected foul play as they had allegedly received two conflicting autopsy reports after the singer’s passing. One autopsy report allegedly stated that Zahara died of “natural causes” while the other allegedly stated that her cause of death was “under investigation.”
Also Read – Nadia Nakai has been accused of stealing a wig from a hair brand
Gauteng police spokesperson Mavela Masondo confirmed that an inquest docket had been registered for investigation. However, Zahara family denied knowledge of the case, says Sunday World.
“Which case are you talking about? We did not open any inquest at Roodepoort. I have no knowledge of this,” said Zahara’s uncle and family spokesperson, Nkosi Mkutukana, to the publication.
Also Read – Mzansi left in shock after hearing the amount of money EFF donated to Zahara.









One Comment